- Jeffrey Coyne
- Maria Dillon, BS, MT(ASCP)
- Paul A. Granato, PhD, DABMM
- Roy F. Huchzermeier, PhD, FACB
- Rita Romano, MA, MT(ASCP)
- Nancy Sniffen, BS, MT(ASCP), MPS(HSA)
- Anne Chamberlain MT(ASCP)SH
- John Daucher, AS, HT(ASCP)
- Michelle Dautrich, BS, MT
- Malinda Desjardins, LPN
- David Dollinger
- Olga Farrell, BS, MT(ASCP)
- Chris Garritano, BS, MT(ASCP), MPS(HSA)
- Cheryl Haskins, MS, MT(ASCP)SC
- Kathleen Hass, MT(ASCP)BB, SLS
- Roseanne Ianuzi
- Cindy Kukenberger, MHA, SBB(ASCP)
- Elizabeth Madonian, MBA, MT(ASCP)
- Susan Maloney, BS, MT(ASCP)
- Janet Miller, BS, CT(ASCP)
- Dru Ellen Neis, MS, MT(ASCP)SH
- Jeff Peterson
- Russell Rawling, MS, M(ASCP)SM, RM(NRM)SM
- Sari Reikes, BS, MPA/H
- Wanda Salem, BS, MT(ASCP)
- Susan Salerno, MT(ASCP), SBB
- Kathleen Shumway, BA, MSM, MBA
- John Vormwald, BS, MT(ASCP)
Anne Marie Mullin
Chief Executive Officer
Anne Marie provides executive leadership of Laboratory Alliance’s management team and oversees laboratory initiatives and advancements. She is a direct liaison between the board of directors, medical directors and management in establishing long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Anne Marie helps guide the company’s strategic and operating plan, ensuring that Laboratory Alliance continues to provide quality clinical and anatomic pathology testing with exceptional customer service. She oversees the team of professionals responsible for daily operations of the company’s facilities — the Corporate Offices, Operations Center, three Rapid Response Laboratories and 11 Patient Service Centers. Employed by Laboratory Alliance since its founding in 1998, her background in medical technology and transfusion medicine, combined with her leadership and healthcare management skills, provide the right balance required of the executive manager, client liaison and company spokesperson.
- Holds a Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology and is a graduate of the Specialist in Transfusion Medicine Program at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. She is board certified in Transfusion Medicine and completed graduate courses at the NIH’s Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences and at LeMoyne College in Syracuse, N.Y.
- Member of the American College of Healthcare Executives, the Medical Group Management Association, the Association of Continuity Planners, the Clinical Laboratory Management Association and MedTech, a not-for-profit regional biotechnology association.
- Serves as president of the operating board of Hospice of Central New York and is on the board of directors of the United Way of Central New York. She is an active committee member for Francis House and MedTech.
Karen Carter, BS, CPA
Vice President of Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Karen is responsible for directing Laboratory Alliance’s fiscal functions and provides operational and programmatic support to the company. She reports to the CEO and directly assists the senior vice president on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Obtained her Bachelor of Science degree from Clarkson University and is a Certified Public Accountant.
- She joined Laboratory Alliance in 2005 after spending five years as Chief Financial Officer of A.L. Lee Memorial Hospital in Fulton, N.Y.
- Past president of the Central New York chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Barbara Guiffrida, BS, PHR
Vice President of Human Resources
Barbara administers employee programs, payroll, benefits and incentives for Laboratory Alliance’s workforce of nearly 450 employees and oversees the hiring and training of new employees in the company’s various departments. She implements services, policies and programs through the human resources staff, serves on the executive management team and advises company managers about human resources issues.
- A graduate of LeMoyne College, Syracuse, N.Y., and certified as a Professional in Human Resources.
- An active member of the Society for Human Resource Management.
- A member of the HR Summit (HR Executive Group).
George G. Popp, MPS
Vice President of Information Systems/Chief Information Officer
George directs Laboratory Alliance’s information technology systems and connectivity operations, a role he has had since the company’s inception. He is responsible for the technological direction of the company, proposes budgets, purchases and equipment upgrades. He oversees a team of professionals dedicated to maintaining strong communications systems and committed to effectively linking Laboratory Alliance to all our healthcare partners.
- A member of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, the Health Information and Management Systems Society, the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives, the NYeC Policy and Operations Council.
- A member of the NYS HEAL grant workgroups for Privacy & Security as well as Protocols and Services.
- Serves on the board of directors of United Way of Greater Oswego County.
Director of Sales and Support Services
Jeff Coyne is director of sales and support services at Laboratory Alliance where he oversees processing, transportation, phlebotomy, training, customer service and reference testing. Employed by Laboratory Alliance since the company's inception in 1998, he was previously customer service coordinator for the company. He is a graduate of Onondaga Community College and Cicero-North Syracuse High School.
Maria Dillon, BS, MT(ASCP)
Director of Hospital Operations
Maria Dillon is director of Laboratory Alliance’s Hospital Operations. Most recently she also managed operations at the company’s largest Rapid Response laboratory at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center, a position she had held since 2011. Dillon is an experienced scientist, leader, trainer and communicator with more than 30 years experience in medical technology. She joined the staff at Laboratory Alliance’s Rapid Response Laboratory at Community General Hospital in 1994, serving as manager from 2005-2011.
Dillon earned her Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology from Daemen College in Amherst, N.Y., is certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists and is a member of the Central New York chapter of Clinical Laboratory Management Association.
Paul A. Granato, PhD, DABMM
Director of Microbiology/Scientific Director, Clinical Microbiology
Dr. Granato has served as the chief of microbiology at the Syracuse V.A. Medical Center, clinical microbiologist at Crouse Hospital, and consultant clinical microbiologist for the Onondaga County Department of Health and Centrex Clinical Laboratories. He was on the faculty at SUNY Upstate Medical University for over 35 years and is currently Professor Emeritus in the Department of Pathology. Dr. Granato has also served on two microbiology editorial boards and many national committees. He has authored three textbooks and over 100 book chapters, scientific articles and abstracts. He serves as the director of microbiology for Laboratory Alliance, is a Diplomate of the American Board of Medical Microbiology and is an elected Fellow by the American Academy of Microbiology.
Dr. Granato graduated from Le Moyne College, earned his doctoral degree in microbiology and molecular biology from Syracuse University, and then completed a post-doctoral fellowship in clinical microbiology and infectious diseases at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City.
Roy F. Huchzermeier, PhD, FACB
Director of Assay Development
Dr. Huchzermeier serves as the director of assay development for Laboratory Alliance. While he was an undergraduate, he began working as a technician in the laboratory at St. Joseph’s Hospital. After completion of his doctorate and nine years at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Dr. Huchzermeier pursued an industrial career with leading diagnostic companies from coast to coast where he specialized in the development of automated immunoassays and instrumentation. He played key product development and technical support roles at Abbott Labs in North Chicago (TDx system), Roche Diagnostics and Ortho Diagnostic Systems, both in New Jersey, Ciba Corning Diagnostics in Massachusetts (ACS:180 system), Miles Diagnostics in New York, and Diagnostic Products Corporation in California (Immulite system). He found his way back to Syracuse in 1994 where he founded and became CEO of Syracuse Bioanalytical, Inc. Dr. Huchzermeier is the lead inventor on 16 US and foreign patents.
Dr. Huchzermeier obtained a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and his doctorate in biochemistry from SUNY ESF at Syracuse University. He is board-certified in clinical chemistry and a Fellow of the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry (NACB).
Rita Romano, MA, MT(ASCP)
Director of Operations Center
Rita Romano is director of Laboratory Alliance’s Operations Center. Previously, she managed the company’s Rapid Response Laboratory at Upstate University Hospital Community Campus. She has nearly 30 years of experience in the field since beginning her career as a medical technologist at Community General Hospital in 1988. She joined Laboratory Alliance in August 2011 after working as the environmental health and safety officer and director of environmental services at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center.
Romano earned her Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology and her Master of Arts in Strategic Leadership from St. Bonaventure University. She is certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists as a medical technologist. Rita serves as a Board Director for the Central New York Chapter of the Clinical Laboratory Management Association.
Nancy Sniffen, BS, MT(ASCP), MPS(HSA)
Director of Billing and Compliance
Nancy Sniffen is Laboratory Alliance's director of billing and compliance. Since joining the company in 1998, she has managed the Rapid Response Laboratory located at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center and has served as compliance officer and HIPAA privacy officer. Previously, she directed the laboratory department at Crouse Hospital.
Anne Chamberlain MT(ASCP)SH
Special Projects Manager, Hematology
John Daucher, AS, HT(ASCP)
Michelle Dautrich, BS, MT
Laboratory Manager, Rapid Response Lab at Upstate University Hospital Community Campus
Malinda Desjardins, LPN
Account Services Manager
Olga Farrell, BS, MT(ASCP)
Information Systems Manager
Chris Garritano, BS, MT(ASCP), MPS(HSA)
Laboratory Manager, Rapid Response Lab at Crouse
Cheryl Haskins, MS, MT(ASCP)SC
Kathleen Hass, MT(ASCP)BB, SLS
Quality Assurance Manager/Corporate Safety Officer
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Cindy Kukenberger, MHA, SBB(ASCP)
Transfusion Services Manager
Elizabeth Madonian, MBA, MT(ASCP)
Susan Maloney, BS, MT(ASCP)
Information Systems Manager
Janet Miller, BS, CT(ASCP)
Dru Ellen Neis, MS, MT(ASCP)SH
Facility Services Manager
Russell Rawling, MS, M(ASCP)SM, RM(NRM)SM
Sari Reikes, BS, MPA/H
Wanda Salem, BS, MT(ASCP)
Laboratory Manager, Rapid Response Lab at St. Joseph's Health
Susan Salerno, MT(ASCP), SBB
Special Projects Manager, Rapid Response Lab at St. Joseph's Health
Kathleen Shumway, BA, MSM, MBA
Information Systems Manager
John Vormwald, BS, MT(ASCP)
Information Systems Manager