GC (Gonococcus)/Chlamydia/Trichomonas Amplified DNA Probe GCTAT
|Method(s)||Amplified DNA Probe|
Endocervical, vaginal or urethral scrapings (GC and Chlamydia only) collected with Gen-Probe Aptima collector, urine. See specimen collection instructions in links below.
Ambient (20-25ºC), Also acceptable: Refrigerated (2-8ºC)
1. The urine specimen must be a first-void, not midstream, and wipes should NOT be used. 30-40 cc of urine can be submitted in a sterile container if received in the laboratory within 24 hours of collection. An Aptima Urine Transport Tube collection device should be used only for urine specimens that cannot be delivered to the laboratory within 24 hours.
2. Gen-Probe Male & Female Swabs (Aptima Collection kit): The swab with the white shaft is for removing mucus from the cervical area and the swab with the blue shaft is for specimen collection and testing.
1. Aptima Collector = 2-30°C, 60 days, Frozen -20º to -70ºC. 2. First void urine in sterile cup = 2-30°C, 24 hours. 3. Urine in Aptima Urine Collector = 2-30ºC, 30 days, Frozen -20 to -70ºC, 12 months.
1. Collection devices other than Gen-Probe Aptima or other than specified from the collection kit.
2. Gen-Probe Aptima swabs with the white shaft (to be discarded). See remarks and notes.
3. Urethral or urine on a male patient.
|CPTCode||87591-GC, 87491-Chlamydia, 87798-Trichomonas|
|Preferred Specimen Collection Device(s)|
Negative for Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and Trichomonas vaginalis by Amplified DNA Probe.