GC (Gonococcus)/Chlamydia/Trichomonas Amplified DNA Probe GCTAT
|Method(s)||Amplified DNA Probe|
Endocervical, vaginal or urethral scrapings (GC and Chlamydia only) collected with Hologic Aptima collector, urine. See specimen collection instructions in links below.
Ambient (20-25ºC), Also acceptable: Refrigerated (2-8ºC)
1. The performance of the CT, NG, and TV molecular assays have not been evaluated in patients less than 14 years of age.
2. The urine specimen must be a first-void, not midstream, and wipes should NOT be used. 30-40 cc of urine can be submitted in a sterile container if received in the laboratory within 24 hours of collection. An Aptima Urine Transport Tube collection device should be used only for urine specimens that cannot be delivered to the laboratory within 24 hours.
3. Hologic Male & Female Swabs (Aptima Collection kit): The swab with the white shaft is for removing mucus from the cervical area and the swab with the blue shaft is for specimen collection and testing.
4. Hologic Aptima Multitest Swab Collection Kit: Use for vaginal self-collect specimens. Always use the swab that comes with the kit.
1. Aptima Collector = 2-30°C, 60 days, Frozen -20º to -70ºC.
1. Collection devices other than Hologic Aptima or other than specified from the collection kit. 2. Hologic Aptima swabs with the white shaft (to be discarded). See remarks and notes. 3. Urethral or urine on a male patient.
|Schedule||GC/Chlamyda: Mon, Wed, Fri; Trichomonas: Wednesday|
|CPTCode||87591-GC, 87491-Chlamydia, 87798-Trichomonas|
|Preferred Specimen Collection Device(s)|
Negative for Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and Trichomonas vaginalis by Amplified DNA Probe.