Trichomonas Amplified DNA Probe TVAT
|Method(s)||Amplified DNA Probe|
Endocervical or vaginal collected with Hologic Aptima collector, or urine. See specimen collection instructions (link below).
1. The urine specimen must be a first void, not midstream, and cleansing wipes should NOT be used. Urine can be submitted in a sterile container if received in the laboratory within 24 hours of collection. An Aptima Urine Transport Tube collection device should be used only for urine specimens that can not be delivered to the laboratory within 24 hours.
2. Hologic Male & Female Swabs (Aptima Collection Kit): The swab with the white shaft is for removing mucus from the cervical area and the swab with the blue shaft is for specimen collection and testing.
3. Hologic Aptima Multitest Swab Collection Kit: Use for vaginal self-collect specimens. Always use the swab that comes with the kit.
1. Aptima Collector = 2-30°C, 30 days
1. Collection devices other than Hologic Aptima or other than specified from the collection kit. 2. Hologic Aptima swabs with the white shaft (to be discarded.) See remarks.
|Preferred Specimen Collection Device(s)|
Negative for Trichomonas vaginalis by Amplified DNA Probe.