GC (Gonococcus)/Chlamydia Amplified DNA Probe GCCAT
|Method(s)||Amplified DNA Probe|
Endocervical, vaginal or urethral scrapings collected with Gen-Probe Aptima collector, urine. See specimen collection instructions in links below.
Ambient (20-25ºC). Also acceptable: Refrigerated (2-8ºC).
1. Urine specimen must be a first void, not midstream, and cleansing wipes should NOT be used. Urine must be received by the laboratory within 24 hours of collection.
2. Gen-Probe Aptima Collection Kit: The swab with the white shaft is for removing mucus from the cervical area and the swab with the blue shaft is for specimen and collection testing.
1. Aptima Collector = 2-30°C, 60 days, Frozen -20º to -70ºC
2. First void urine in sterile cup = 2-30°C, 24 hours.
3. Urine in Aptima Urine Colllector = 2-30ºC, 30 days, Frozen -20 to -70ºC, 12 months.
1. Collectors other than Gen-Probe or Gen-Probe collectors with swabs other than those specified in the collection kit.
2. Gen-Probe Aptima collector submitted with the swab with the white shaft.
A GC/Chlamydia culture must be performed on specimens for rape and abuse cases or specimens other than cervical, urethral, or urine.
|Preferred Specimen Collection Device(s)|
Negative for Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae by Amplified DNA Probe.