Chlamydia, Amplified DNA Probe CHAT
|Method(s)||Amplified DNA Probe|
Endocervical, vaginal or urethral scrapings collected with Hologic Aptima collector, urine. See specimen collection instructions in links below.
Note: The Hologic Aptima collector can be used for eye, rectal or oral/throat specimens, which will be referred to a reference lab.
Ambient (20-25ºC), Also acceptable: Refrigerated (2-8ºC)
1. Urine specimen must be a first void, not midstream, and cleansing wipes should NOT be used. Urine must be received by the laboratory within 24 hours of collection.
2. Hologic Aptima Collection Kit: The swab with the white shaft is for removing mucus from the cervical area and the swab with the blue shaft is for specimen and collection testing.
3. Hologic Aptima Multitest Swab Collection Kit: Use for vaginal self-collect specimens. Always use the swab that comes with the kit.
1. Aptima Collector = 2-30°C, 60 days, Frozen -20º to -70ºC.
1. Collector other than Hologic Aptima collector with swab other than those specified in the collection kit.
2. Hologic Aptima collector submitted with the swab with the white shaft.
|Schedule||Mon, Wed, Fri|
|Notes||A Chlamydia culture must be performed on specimens for rape and abuse cases or specimens other than cervical, urethral, or urine.|
|Preferred Specimen Collection Device(s)|
Negative for Chlamydia trachomatis by Amplified DNA Probe