NYS Department of Health Weekly Influenza Report
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
During the week ending March 21, 2020:
• Influenza activity level was categorized as geographically widespread. This is the 17th consecutive week that widespread activity has been reported.
• There were 3,366 laboratory-confirmed influenza reports, a 45% decrease over last week.
• Of the 2,705 specimens submitted by WHO/NREVSS clinical laboratories, 343 (12.68%) were positive. 278 were influenza A (79 H1, 17 H3 and 182 subtyping not performed) and 65 were influenza B.
• Of the specimens resulted at Wadsworth Center, none were positive for influenza.
• Reports of percent of patient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) from ILINet providers was 8.22%, above the regional baseline of 3.20%.
• The number of patients hospitalized with laboratory-confirmed influenza was 334, a 53% decrease over last week.
• There were no influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported this week. There have been 11 influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported this season.