Supervisor, Hematology Department w/Sign-on Bonus
Schedule: Full time
Location: Operations Center Chemistry Department, 113 Innovation Lane, Electronics Business Park, Liverpool, N.Y. 13088
$8,000 sign-on bonus
The Technical Supervisor, under the direction of the Manager of Hematology, serves as a member of the leadership team with oversight of the day-to-day operations of the Hematology Department at the Operations Center.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: the day to day operation of the hematology department, staffing according to workload, assist with budget preparation for manager’s review and approval, developing and implementing continuous process improvement projects, interfacing with administration and possibly with the three independent pathology practices, providing supervision and HR support to the hematology/chemistry (Gen Lab) staff.
The supervisor is responsible for:
• ensuring the provision of laboratory services in accordance with the applicable accreditation authorities (e.g., NYSDOH, DNV).
• performing duties independently and utilizing good judgment in handling a variety of HR and operational issues.
• adhering to and supporting all established company policies and procedures set forth by Laboratory Alliance including the company’s mission and vision statements.
Skills include, but are not limited to the ability to supervise and mentor others, to make sound and ethical decisions, to communicate and educate effectively and diplomatically, to act calmly and rationally in crisis situations, to gain and retain the respect and confidence of laboratory peers as well as senior leadership at the hospitals and to interact effectively and confidently with present and potential clients.
• a baccalaureate degree in medical technology or a related science.
• must qualify as a Medical Technologist under New York State Department of Health Regulation Part 58.15 and have a valid NYS License issued by the NYS DOE.
• a minimum of six years of relevant hematology experience is required.
The position may involve exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a healthcare environment. The position requires prolonged standing, some walking and sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols, use of computerized instruments, and other equipment common to a clinical laboratory. May require lifting up to 30 pounds or more.
Reports to: Manager of Hematology
Apply online or forward resume to:
Human Resources Department
Laboratory Alliance of Central New York, LLC
1304 Buckley Road, Syracuse, N.Y. 13212-4302
Fax to 315-461-3020